Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:09:50 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, USB BSD list <usb-bsd@egroups.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB scanners?

No one I know off. And I don't know of a scanner that we could easily
support. It might be that there are scanners that work through the Mass
Storage class specification (converted SCSI scanners).

If you have a scanner run the usb_dump utility available from

	http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/usb/usb_dump.c

and send me the output, so we can figure out what interfaces and classes
it supports.

Nick

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Greg Lehey wrote:

 > Does anybody have a USB scanner running under FreeBSD, or know how to
 > get one running?  I'm prepared to do some work, but I'd like to know I
 > had some chance of success.
 >
 > Greg
 > --
 > See complete headers for address, home page and phone numbers
 > finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key

ISIS/STA, T.P.270, Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra, Italy