Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:14:36 -0600
From:      Damien Tougas <dtougas@converging.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail configuration question

Hello,

How do I prevent Sendmail from re-writing the users full name
(taken from /etc/passwd) and allow the mail client to write the
users full name instead?

I'm not sure exactly what the terminology is, so I will give an
example:

If I have a generic user account called 'mail', and the full name
in /etc/passwd is 'Generic Mail Account', how can I configure things
so that mail sent out on the account is shown as 'John Doe' rather
than 'Generic Mail Account'?  The reason for this is that I want
several people to be able to send mail out on one account, but
under different names.

Am I making any sense? Can anyone point me in the right direction?
If I knew the terminology better as to what I am asking for, I could
perhaps be better able to search for the answer myself.

--
Damien Tougas
Converging Technology Solutions, Inc.