Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 1995 12:14:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weird workaround that works

Per previous notes, under 2.1R rlogin crawls with screen draws.

Ive been bashing my head against it all day - then finally I noted that
stty on a telnet shows 9600 baud and on rloing it shows 57600.

Since this is a network connections I figured 'what the heck' and I did
an stty speed 9600 while in with rlogin.

My screen draws speeded back up dramatically.

I note that 2.0.5R showed 57600 with rlogin too, but was not adversly
affected.

So now it feels/seems like a flow control issue, or a pty issue or
something.  I have my functional work around (setting stty speed 9600)
but it isnt a perfect one.

If any knows enough about this to offer any ideas on what might be amiss
or what I can more gracefully do to solve my chopping screen draws I
would appreciated a note on it!