Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:56:20 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'jack' <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Stable (E-mail)" <stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: make release grabbing all ports?

I _DID_ read that, and of course that is pointing to the
/usr/ports/distfiles directory.  Now, not every tarball that is in that dir
is REQUIRED by the docports, unless I am totally misunderstanding what is
meant by "DOCPORTS".

So, it appears that it is not very smart about this and just arbitrarily
grabs anything in it's path.  So, since there appears to be no other
solution, I am interpreting as meaning I need to make a separate dir and put
the docport distfiles there.

I apologize for hoping there was a simpler solution.  I was looking for an
option to just turn off the grabbing of ALL the distfiles.  There apparently
doesn't appear to be one.

Thanks.
-Chris

For the record, this should be explicitly stated somewhere in the Makefile.
Maybe I'll put in a pr and a patch for it.