Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:18:24 -0500
From:      Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
To:        "Steven D. Smith" <sds07@health.state.ny.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports-all

you need to have a ports-supfile that contains the following lines:

*default host=cvsup3.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
#*default compress
## Ports Collection.
ports-all

(note: I have default compress commented out since this box is on a T1)

save those lines in a file named ports-supfile and then run...

cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile

...and that should do it.  remember to supply the absolute path to
ports-supfile if it's not in your cwd...

Daniel Frazier  <dfrazier@magpage.com>   Tel:  302-239-5900 Ext. 231
Systems Administrator                     Fax:  302-239-3909
MAGPAGE, We Power the Internet           WWW:  http://www.magpage.com/

        - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.