Date:      Tue, 03 Apr 2001 19:35:50 -0400
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        "Corey G." <ctgaff@telocity.com>, psglenn@uswestmail.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Silo overflows

On Tuesday, April 03, 2001 18:27:01 -0500, "Corey G." <ctgaff@telocity.com>
wrote:
+-----
| With FreeBSD 4.3RC1 I am also seeing quite a few silo overflow messages
| as well.  I never did notice or see these before.  I have identical
| hardware as with previous releases using an external Sportster 56K
| modem.
|
| sio0: 1 more silo overflow (total 57)
| sio0: 1 more silo overflow (total 58)
| sio0: 3 more silo overflows (total 61)
+--->8

I'm seeing a lot of them as well.  Worse, I start getting *tons* of
"microuptime() went backwards" messages after some period (rearranging
hardware made it go from "within minutes of boot" to "after several days",
but once it starts it never stops) --- and the timekeeping goes to pot once
it starts.  I have to kill off syslogd to (a) keep it from filling /var and
(b) leave some spare cycles for other processes.

I can't provide a current dmesg, will need to reboot --- that'll happen
later tonight once I don't need it doing ppp+NAT for the laptop (the
machine itself is virtually unusable from the console).

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]         allbery@ece.cmu.edu