Date:      Mon, 28 Nov 2011 00:43:23 -0800
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= <ask@develooper.com>
To:        Uffe Jakobsen <uffe@uffe.org>
Cc:        embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "gpart set -a active" not changing boot loader

On Aug 17, 2011, at 0:31, Uffe Jakobsen wrote:

>> However, when booting I get:
>>=20
>> 1   FreeBSD
>> 2   FreeBSD
>>=20
>> Default: 1
>>=20
>> =85 and `gpart show` now shows the first partition as the active one.
>>=20
>> Is my boot loader too old or some such?   This is a NanoBSD system =
that might have been upgraded since some 6.x version.
>>=20
>=20
> boot0 setting and the active partition mark in the partition table is =
having the usual disagreements... I've never come around to get the =
completely picture of the problem - but see the problem it quite often.

I was fussing with a bit again now.  It seems that at least with boot0 =
v2.0 (as per boot0cfg -v) it does boot on the active (as per gpart) =
partition, but the output it shows when booting says the default is =
whatever number boot0cfg -v displays.

Ask=