Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 1996 14:24:12 -0700
From:      Lance <lancez@accessld.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.0.5 Installation question

Hi, there:

We bought your FreeBSD 2.0.5 (Walnut Creek CDROM version) several months
ago. Now we
would like to install it on a PC running SCO UNIX (System V/386 Release
3.2). However,
this PC does not have a CD-ROM driver.

What I'm wondering is that is it possible for us to install it from network?
This PC
is connected to our intranet and is able to talk to our SunSparc machine
(running
Solaris 2.x.) The installation file on the CD says something about NFS
instalation.
But I had difficulty to follow it. Could you tell me a little more about how
and where
to this CDROM and what to do in SCO UNIX?

BTW, could I simply copy entire (or partial) content of that CDROM onto SCO
UNIX and
install it from there?

Your help is highly appreciated!

Lance