Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 2014 10:02:06 -0500
From:      Matthew Pherigo <hybrid120@gmail.com>
To:        Remy van Elst <relst@relst.nl>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Vim, x11 and portmaster

Hi Remy,

Although I can't answer your question as it pertains to portmaster, but I CA=
N let you know that there's a port called vim-lite, which has no gui by defa=
ult. Unfortunately, it can't be custom compiled to include any of the other o=
ptional modules (like Python support), but I figured I'd let you know just i=
n case this fits your usage model.

Personally, I think the ports ought to be reversed to be "vim" and "vim-huge=
", but that's just my opinion.

--Matt

> On Apr 12, 2014, at 3:33 AM, Remy van Elst <relst@relst.nl> wrote:
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
> On FreeBSD-10.0 RELEASE I've got the vim port installed. It is compiled wi=
th the following options:
>=20
>    make WITHOUT_X11=3Dyes NO_GUI=3Dyes LITE=3Dyes install clean
>=20
> In my /etc/make.conf I have the following:
>=20
>    WITHOUT_X11=3Dyes
>=20
> Now, when using portmaster to upgrade all my ports (portmaster -a), if vim=
 has an update, it wants to install a whole load of x11 ports:
> [...]
>            Install misc/gnomehier
>            Install devel/cscope
>            Install devel/ctags
>            Install devel/patch
>            Install lang/lua52
>            Install lang/tcl86
>            Install textproc/intltool
>            Install x11-toolkits/gtk20
>            Install graphics/gdk-pixbuf2
>            Install x11-toolkits/libXt
>            Install x11/kbproto
>            Install x11/libSM
>            Install x11/libICE
>            Install x11/xtrans
>            Install x11/libX11
>            Install x11-fonts/xf86bigfontproto
>            Install x11/bigreqsproto
>            Install x11/inputproto
>            Install x11/xcmiscproto
>            Install x11/xextproto
>            Install x11/libXi
>            Install x11/libXext
>            Install x11/libXfixes
>            Install x11/fixesproto
>            Install graphics/gtk-update-icon-cache
>            Install misc/hicolor-icon-theme
>            Install misc/shared-mime-info
>            Install x11-toolkits/pango
>            Install print/harfbuzz
>            Install devel/icu
>            Install graphics/graphite2
>            Install x11-fonts/encodings
>            Install x11-fonts/bdftopcf
>            Install x11-fonts/libXfont
>            Install x11-fonts/fontsproto
>            Install x11-fonts/libfontenc
>            Install x11-fonts/font-util
>            Install x11-fonts/mkfontscale
>            Install x11-fonts/xorg-fonts-truetype
>            Install x11-fonts/dejavu
>            Install x11-fonts/mkfontdir
>            Install x11-fonts/font-bh-ttf
>            Install x11-fonts/font-misc-ethiopic
>            Install x11-fonts/font-misc-meltho
>            Install x11/libXcomposite
>            Install x11/compositeproto
>            Install x11/libXcursor
>            Install x11/libXrender
>            Install x11/renderproto
>            Install x11/libXdamage
>            Install x11/damageproto
>            Install x11/libXinerama
>            Install x11/xineramaproto
>            Install x11/libXrandr
>            Install x11/randrproto
>            Install print/cups-client
>            Install x11/libXpm
>=20
>    =3D=3D=3D>>> Proceed? y/n [y] n
>=20
> If I however first manually upgrade vim:
>=20
>    make WITHOUT_X11=3Dyes NO_GUI=3Dyes LITE=3Dyes reinstall clean
>=20
> and then upgrade with portmaster, it does not want those packages:
>=20
>    =3D=3D=3D>>> All >> (1)
>=20
>    =3D=3D=3D>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to proce=
ed:
>            Upgrade subversion-1.8.8_1 to subversion-1.8.8_2
>=20
>    =3D=3D=3D>>> Proceed? y/n [y] y
>=20
> How can I make those vim compile options also work with portmaster? I don'=
t want to manually upgrade the vim port first...