Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:10:53 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Archive pruning

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, you wrote:

> I told myself I wouldn't get into this debate with you again, Richard, but
> you're not listening. The vast majority (all? I might have missed one) of
> the other respondants

Actually, I didn't start this. Someone else brought up the idea.

> P.S. Please don't tell me I'm being a "sandbox developer", because I've
> yet to see the hordes of non-developers crying out for this system either.

I don't disagree that the majority of the readers of this list are not
interested.

The quiet majority that might benefit are not very likely to speak up when
they are told some is impossible. After all, they are at the mercy of the
very developers who oppose change because it does not directly benefit
the developers.

I do object to the characterization by these developers that it CANNOT be
done.