Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 00:10:14 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        sterrett@cts.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: STREAMS

[re adding a streams facility to FreeBSD]
> > A "real" SVR4-style kernel implementation would be a lot of work,
> > though.
>
> 	Well a task is half done once it is begun.

True, but the last 10% of the work takes 90% of the time. 8-)

Seriously, though, I would suggest you sound out the mood and
establish some sort of support *before* starting - it would be a
terrible waste of effort if you were to do all that work and then not
have it integrated.

I am *not* trying in any way to discourage you or say that there is
anything wrong with what you want to do, just trying to point out some
of the practicalities.

Anyway, this kind of discussion really belongs in -hackers, where most
of the people you need to convince are to be found, so I've taken the
liberty of re-directing it there.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk