Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 2014 23:10:50 +0400
From:      Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmitya@gmail.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Incorrect sort(1) order

Hello,

right now sort(1) in stable/10 sorts UTF-8 text files incorrectly if I =
have LC_CTYPE=3Dru_RU.UTF-8 set.
This is probably due to the problems described in recent "UTF-8 Sorting" =
thread on -stable, though it is a clear regression=20
when moving from GNU sort from stable/9.

I would rather ignore LC_CTYPE completly (until is it broken) and =
produce sort results as if LC_CTYPE=3DC.  Or at least make a big warning =
in sort(1) man-page.  Right now it looks rather disappointing.

Thanks.