Date:      Mon, 29 May 2006 15:20:47 -0700
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= <ask@develooper.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   grub on FreeBSD

Hi,

I am trying to use grub instead of the usual boot0 thing on a Compact
Flash card I use in Soekris and PC Engines WRAP systems.  I installed
grub from ports/sysutils/grub and put the package on my nanobsd
system on the CF card.

Booting on a Soekris box and running grub, I get this:

grub> root (hd0,1)
Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0xa5

grub> root (hd0,1,a)
Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0xa5

It seems like it can't read the ufs filesystem?   Any ideas?

  - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/