Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:29:59 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        andi_payn@speedymail.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: O_NOACCESS?

In message: <1067635232.825.202.camel@verdammt.falcotronic.net>
            andi payn <andi_payn@speedymail.org> writes:
: > : Are there any other special devices like this in FreeBSD?
: >
: > Rewind units on tape drives?  If there's no access check done, and I
: > open the rewind unit as joe-smoe?  The close code is what does the
: > rewind, and you don't have enough knowledge to know if the tape was
: > opened r/w there.

Actually, it looks like there's a flags parameter passed to close,
which I think could be used to 'know'.  No one uses it now.

: Thanks; that's a good example. Do you have an example of a specific
: driver so I can look at the code and see what would need to be done?

src/sys/cam/scsi/scsi_sa.c.

Warner