Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:15:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Barry Pederson <bp@barryp.org>
Cc:        Thomas Nystrom <thn@saeab.se>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fix for hanging of vr interface (Rhine Ethernet)

    Hi Thomas, Barry.  I just got one of these EPIA 5000's so I am
    inserting myself into this thread.  I will test Thomas's patch (I
    have been experiencing the lockup issue).  Since I am networking
    booting I can do it as a loadable module... or maybe I can do
    it by specifying it in the loader.  I'll investigate after I get
    past the lockup problem.

						-Matt

:Thomas Nystrom wrote:
:
:> I have found one other person who has run the test sucessfully but I would
:> feel more comfortable if there were some more people that had run the
:> patch..... I have also got a reply from a person in Finland that are going
:> to do exactly the same thing as you are.
:
:When you're testing the vr driver, is it possible to do it as a loadable
:module, where you could repeatedly compile/kldload/test/kldunload?  Or do
:you have to compile-the-kernel/install/reboot/test?
:
:When I was fighting with vr on my mini-itx board, I was doing it the second
:way, which was a pain.   Tried the first way once, but didn't work (don't
:recall the details at the moment) - wasn't sure if it wasn't possible or if
:I was just missing something.
:
:If there is a less disruptive way to test any proposed patches, I'd be
:willing to take a whack at them.
:
:	Barry