Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:21:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>, "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Errors Installing KDE2 Port

Kennt's advice should work.  Remove all conflicting ports first.  Any kde1
stuff, etc.  Then try again.  If you still have trouble.  Clean up again
by doing make clean in each dependent port then try this:
	The only way I got kde2 working was on a vanilla install of 4.1.1
and I cvsupped my ports, made kdelibs-2.0 first then kdebase-2.  I then
had basic kde2 working so I then made the ports for the stuff like
graphics and koffice that didn't happen automagically.
Hope that helps,

						Tim

"A government big enough to give you everything
you want, is a government big enough to take
from you everything you have."
				-Gerald Ford