Date:      Sun, 4 Jul 1999 11:43:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Ports)
Subject:   gIDE and giflib problems

   This may or may not be a ports-specific problem, but this list
   is the closest place that I know of to post this.

   I just upgraded one of my systems via the 4CD set to 3.2. I
   pulled across gIDE to play around with, but bumped into problems
   with some of the ELF shared libraries.  libpng was fetchable and
   seemed to replace the a.out library, but libgif was not.  The
   fetch command hangs forever(;;).

   I did a make clean; make deinstall; make reinstall in
   /usr/ports/devel/gide and ran into patch problems...

   xglobe also fails as does x3arth when I installed the binary
   ``packages''.

   Suggestions welcome!

   gary

--