Date:      Fri, 03 Apr 1998 14:03:11 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: error when compiling kernel with SOFTUPDATES

>If that's whe way core wants it -- and PHK proudly states he's a core member
>and uses it to justify his ignoring people and complaints -- then I will, very
>regretfully, rescind the copyright on every piece of code I have ever written
>or contributed.

Needless to say, I think we're just going to call a time-out for both
parties at this point and suggest that this whole matter be debated
more privately so that the mental age of the discussion can progress
somewhere past the 6-year-old mark.  What we're seeing here is all
just a lot of very purile hand-waving and has very little to do with
the legalities of post-facto copyright changes or represents anyone in
the core team's attitude about dealing with such conflicts as a
general rule.  I'm not particularly happy with the way the original
situation which has Sean so steamed was handled and I'm not happy with
the way THIS situation has been handled - it's now time for a recess
so that the various antagonists can regain what little remains of
their sanity and think this over somewhat more rationally.

					Jordan