Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2014 09:57:16 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.1-amd64 -> booting on a HP DL380 Gen9 results in panic

On Thursday, December 18, 2014 7:27:13 pm Rainer Duffner wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> we got one to test and it booted using the UEFI memory stick image.
>=20
> However, I get a panic after
> Event time =E2=80=9ELAPIC=E2=80=9C quality 600
> ACPI APIC Table: <HP     Proliant>
> panic: APIC: CPU with APIC ID 0 is not enabled
> cpuid =3D 0
>=20
> and then a stack backtrace
>=20
>=20
> What does that mean?
>=20
> AFAIK, I have a single E5-2620V3 CPU and 16 GB RAM in there.
>=20
>=20
> It=E2=80=99s primarily intended as a test-system - but earlier or later I=
 will have=20
to put one into production because we=E2=80=99ll likely stop procuring Gen8=
 systems=20
sometime next year (when they simply stop becoming available).
>=20
> I haven=E2=80=99t tried a snapshot of current.

Eh, the table that ACPI provides that lists the available CPUs in the syste=
m=20
claims that that the CPU that the kernel booted from is disabled.  We assum=
e=20
that the boot processor is valid and enabled (since it is running the kerne=
l=20
already!)  This is almost certainly a firmware bug.  Booting without UEFI=20
would be a good test as Mark suggested.  If you can capture a verbose dmesg=
,=20
that would also include enough details about what we found in the ACPI tabl=
e=20
to debug this further perhaps.

=2D-=20
John Baldwin