Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 2015 23:35:52 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=C3=ADa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is bugzilla down or buggy or is it just me?

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 11:14:57 +0100, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
 > El 11/01/2015 05:25, "Ian Smith" <smithi@nimnet.asn.au> escribió:
 > >
 > > Happy 2015 all,
 > >
 > > I posted the following - perhaps inappropriately, given no response - to
 > > freebsd-acpi@ on Thursday night:
 > >

 > Copy-paste from a pervious mail in freebsd-ports@:
 >
 > While doing maintenance on bugzilla, the production database
 > broke due to operator error and probably loss of some changes. So
 > currently some recovery operations are ongoing.
 >
 > Cheers

Thanks Fernando.  I'm trying to get to like bugzilla, I really am ..

cheers, Ian
From owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG  Sun Jan 11 17:15:36 2015
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 12:14:27 -0500
From: Carmel NY <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
To: User questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject: FreeBSD-update

Okay, I am confused. I just read the literature at:
https://www.freebsd.org/security/advisories/FreeBSD-EN-14:13.freebsd-update.asc

The output of uname on my machine is:
FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE #0 r274401: Tue Nov 11 21:02:49 UTC 2014

This is after I just ran freebsd-update (both fetch and install). It doesn't
look my my system was updated as shown on the web page.

I then read the info from the URL posted above.

My question is, do I have to make the changes the the "freebsd-update.conf"
file before I run "freebsd-update"? The components line reads:

# Components of the base system which should be kept updated.
Components src world kernel

Do I have to follow these instructions from the web page:

IV.  Workaround

The first issue is strictly speaking a configuration error.  To
address it, update /etc/freebsd-update.conf to reflect the set of
components that are installed on the system.  Specifically, replace
"world" on the Components line with "world/base", and add "world/doc"
and / or "world/games" if those those components were selected during
installation.

The second issue is harmless and can safely be ignored.  A workaround
has been put in place on the freebsd-update(8) build server so the error
will not occur while installing the update that corrects it.

I cannot afford to make my system "unbootable", so unless I am sure of what I
am doing, I would rather just leave it alone for now.

--
Carmel