Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 01:24:40 -0600 (CST)
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading from a not-very-current current

If you want to complain that I shouldn't be running -current in the
first place, don't bother.  I upgraded because -stable doesn't support
SMP + fork with shared memory.

I want to upgrade from a pre-signal changes -current to -current (I'm
having problems with a pnic card getting corrupted mbufs and I want to
see if Bill Paul's new driver works better), and I have a simple
question:

I know that I need to build the tools for config, and build a new
kernel, and reboot it before doing a make world.  My question is,
after booting the new kernel, do I run MAKEDEV immediately, or do I run
make world before runnning MAKEDEV?  Would it be prudent to disable
softupdates until after I'm done upgrading?

Would it be simpler to install from the latest -current snap?

Thanks,
Bruce