Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:28:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Stable (E-mail)" <stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: make release grabbing all ports?

Today Christopher Michaels wrote:

> I _DID_ read that, and of course that is pointing to the
> /usr/ports/distfiles directory.  Now, not every tarball that is in that dir
> is REQUIRED by the docports, unless I am totally misunderstanding what is
> meant by "DOCPORTS".

DOCPORTS is defined in the line above
# Set this .....
as textproc/docproj  Those are the tarballs that it needs.
Those are the tarballs who's location you need to assign to
DISTFILES.

> So, it appears that it is not very smart about this and just arbitrarily
> grabs anything in it's path.

That's exactly what
    if [ -d ${DISTFILES}/ ]; then \
        cp -rp ${DISTFILES} ${CHROOTDIR}/usr/ports/distfiles; \
    fi
does.  "not very smart", now there's an understatement.  :)

> So, since there appears to be no other solution, I am
> interpreting as meaning I need to make a separate dir and put
> the docport distfiles there.

Either that or have a really big CHROOTDIR.

> I apologize for hoping there was a simpler solution.  I was looking for an
> option to just turn off the grabbing of ALL the distfiles.  There apparently
> doesn't appear to be one.

make release has never been advertised as "simple".

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null