Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 1996 20:59:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        "Raul E. Aguilar" <SF-Jason20@msn.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FREE BSD

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Raul E. Aguilar wrote:

> I m interested in making my PC a server so I can start a small business Its a
> windows95 pentium machine and has all kinds of good stuff.  How can I get your
> free BSD software on a cdrom or disk.  I would appreciate you sending me info.

Eleven out of ten users of FreeBSD favor the Walnut Creek distribution.
Info on Walnut Creek can be found on their website at
http://www.cdrom./com.

> ALSO  if your machine is a server is there a way to give it a domain name.
> like with your software  instead of accessing my machine at
>
> http://123.456.789.10/whatever/stuf.htm
>
> could I dial it at
>
> http://www.mypcserver.com/whatever/stuf.htm???????

Certainly, but you would have to register mypcserver.com with the InterNIC
first.  If you're not up for the $100 investment that entails, take a look
at http://www.ml.org -- you can register mypcserver.ml.org with them for
free.  That is how I got my domain name.  It's not a top-level, but it
works.

> anyways any help you  can give me is very much appreciated.

You're welcome.

 Ben

The views expressed above are not those of the Worker's Compensation
Board of Queensland, Australia.