Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 2014 12:09:14 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: size of source tree

In the last episode (Apr 12), Erich Dollansky said:
> I just compared the size of the source tree dated 26.03.14 with the source
> tree from today.
>
> The source tree dated 26.03.14 has a size of some 899GM while today's
> source tree has some 1.8GB.
>
> Why is it suddenly so huge?

You have both trees; you tell us :)  Compare the output of "du -d 1" on each
tree, and see where the difference in space is.  The x11-fm/xdiskusage port
gives a you a nice visualization of space usage, too.  For reference,
/usr/src on my servers is around 750 MB with ZFS compression (du -s), and
1.8 GB uncompressed (du -sA).

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com