Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 2004 05:43:44 +0200
From:      Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
To:        orlando.bassotto@ieo-research.it
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Request for permission about vmware-module3

Greetings, gentlemen,

I am one of people working on http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net project - a
work-in-progress package repository for NetBSD Packages Collection, pkgsrc
( http://www.pkgsrc.org/ ). As some of you may already know, NetBSD Packages
Collection, despite its name, can be used not only on NetBSD. Many operating
systems are supported, FreeBSD is also one of them - not to mention Linux,
Solaris, IRIX, Darwin, AIX and perhaps some more. I, personally, use pkgsrc
on FreeBSD.

pkgsrc has packaged vmware and some linux binary base, that allows running
it on NetBSD systems. As I have prepared some patches to run that linux_base
on FreeBSD, I also plan to run vmware. pkgsrc currently has no support for
FreeBSD vmware module package, thus I'd like to use your work (with eventual
copyrights/credits included, of course) - and import the package I'd create
out of your work to pkgsrc-wip repository.

Thus, I'd like to kindly request for your permission to use your work to
create a derived pkgsrc package for vmware-3 module. Any objections?

Regards,
--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl :: http://winsrc.sf.net