Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 1996 23:35:06 +0100 (MET)
From:      Piero Serini <piero@strider.free.it>
To:        chx0@mail.opensol.com.ar (CHX0)
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, ipc1@tribeca.ios.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mail "loop back to myself"

Hello.

Quoting from CHX0 (Wed Feb 14 14:56:11 1996):

> > On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Dale Benzer wrote:
> >
> > > What are we doing wrong here???!!!  Mail from the net is received but
> > > returned by our server to the sender with this loops back on myself message.
> >
> > Add your system's name to /etc/sendmail.cf under the Cw line.
>
> Not only your system name, but the names of all domains you're intended to
> handle mail for. So if you were an MX for uoregon.edu, you should add
> uoregon.edu to the w class.

This is wrong. the Cw class is *not* for the domains you're an MX for,
is for machines you are the last host. Exmaple:

foo.bar.org (host): I want to receive mail to xyz@foo.bar.org on the machine
abc.def.com. Then I put foo.bar.org in the Cw on abc.def.com

bar.org (domain): I want to queue the mail to *@*.bar.org on abc.def.com
if the final MX for bar.org is down: then I do *not* put bar.org in Cw,
and set to True  Ow.

Bye,
--
#        $Id: .signature,v 1.12 1995/08/14 12:10:54 piero Exp $
Piero Serini                                            Via Giambologna, 1