Date:      Thu, 05 Feb 2004 17:53:54 -0800
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: switching to an internal DSL modem -- natd, ipfw

net CC removed...

Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> So, back to the original question -- am I likely to have to any problems
> with natd and ipfw dealing with this non-Ethernet interface -- assuming
> en-driver attaches to this card at all?

wait, why not just take the ethernet cable from the inside interface on
your existing modem, connect it to a 2nd 'outside' NIC on your BSD box
with a driver that's known to work, and save $100+ on a new modem?

you mentioned "cabling inconvenience" before, but i don't see enough
inconvenience to warrant > $100 expenditure.  maybe i missed something,
wouldn't be the first time...  but i'm doing DSL with ipfw/natd at home
using multiple NICs (outside, inside, wireless)...  and it works well.