Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 18:47:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, chat@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Usenix FreeBSD BoF when?

> >>    This probably won't be big enough. It was standing room only at the last
> >> one, and we probably could have seated at least 150 people. I'm expecting
> >> things to be even larger with a need for at least 200 seats.
> >
> >Invite the press... at least Bootle and Pournelle (Bootle will be thre;
> >I don't know about Pournelle).  That high an attendance of a "spontaneous"
> >get-together is likely to merit a mention in their column...
>
>    Oh, I doubt it. The Linux BOF last year had more than 500 in attendance.
> They had their BOF in The Grand Ballroom...I was thinking last year that we
> should have done the same thing.

I meant "an obviously larger than expected number of people" at such
an event where the press people were in attendance... they probably
weren't at the Linux event (or the Linux event *did* get mention.

Better to look like you have more people interested than you expected
than to look like you have less...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---