Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 1996 23:05:44 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, roberto@hsc.fr.net
Subject:   Re: HELP: Cyclades Drivers

>Does anybody has an idea (Briand ? Bruce ?) ?

I replied in private mail a few days ago.

This may be because RTS input flow control is broken.  (The hardware
flow control provided by the cd1400 serial chip can't work in general
because the sender may not respond to it in time.  E.g., it won't
work (unless it isn't really necessary) for a 16550A sending to a
cd1400.)

>Next I experiemented with different kernel and driver versions as follows:

>Kernel 2.0.5R, with drivers from packet cyb2.0fb.shar.gz or cyb2.0-32fb.tar.gz:
>Kernel 2.1.0R with drivers from packet cyb2.0fb.shar.gz:
>Kernel 2.1.0R with drivers from packet cyb2.0-32fb.tar.gz:

Use 2.1 with standard drivers.

Bruce