Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:38:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Question about PLIST

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:

> What empty subdirs?  Why does the application need empty subdirs?
>
> That's easily gotten around by making 0 sized files, but why?

Okay, that makes sense, and come to think of it, I don't need to make an
empty subdir (it's created the first time it's needed).  However, I have
an even bigger problem with uninstalling than I first reported.

The @dirrm directive will only cause pkg_delete to delete EMPTY
subdirectories.  However, when the user clicks "Update Tuner", it will
cause additional files to be dumped into /usr/local/lib/castanet/tuner
that the package utility won't know about.  I could write a shell script
for uninstall to forcably remove /usr/local/lib/castanet, but that seems
excessive.

It looks like I'm going to have to manually add all the filenames to PLIST
just to keep pkg_delete reasonably happy, and then in addition make an
uninstall script to delete the new files that have showed up.   What a
lot of extra trouble, though!

-- Jake