Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 11:20:10 +0200
From:      "Munish Chopra" <messiah_man@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fetchmail: lock creation failed

I've had fetchmail set up in my crontab for the last while:

@reboot /usr/local/bin/fetchmail -d 600

For the last 14 hours or so, I hadn't received any mail, so I tried to run a
'fetchmail -v' in a terminal. This should usually result in a message saying
that fetchmail can't be run when it is already running in daemon mode, but
now it just says:

fetchmail: lock creation failed

Anyone have a bright idea as to what's causing this? (please cc me).

-Munish