Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 16:19:43 -0400
From:      e.knight@ix.netcom.com (Edward F. Knight)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   iijppp in 2.0.5

Hi Y'all,

I have question for you on setting ifaddr and using the add command when
using iijppp.

ix.netcom.com,  my internet provider  dynamicaly assigns my ip address

        204.31.245.XX

Their address is dynamic as well.    163.118.72.0X or something close to this

right now I am using    set ifaddr 0 0
I think I could use     set ifaddr 204.31.245.1/24 163.118.72.1/28

I have been using the add 0 0 hisaddr   hisaddr as returned by command show ipcp

I want to do this automaticaly in the /etc/ppp.link file.

I have looked around the documentation and is seems they dance around this
issue but never touch it.  I have to use this add command to get to the
name-server.

Can you offer any insight or advice on what to do?

Regards,
Ted Knight