Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:14:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Shanon Fernald <sfernald@epicor.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Hardware random number generator

Well I don't see support for it at
www.freebsd.org/handbook/install-hw.html     Which is the place to look to
see if HW is supported.

But OpenBSD does support it.  See www.openbsd.org/i386.html
	Entropy sources
	Interrupt latency collection from many devices. Intel 82802 random number
	generator found on i810, i815, i820, and i840 based systems.
So that would mean it would be relatively easy to get support for it in
FreeBSD for someone that knows how. (Not I said the fly)

a quick google search found:
webnz.com/robert/hwrng.htm
www.protego.se/products_en.htm    I don't think this last one has any
  opensource support, but I didn't check too hard.

I'd be interested so please send your final results back here.  Thanks,

						Tim