Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 16:55:10 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        "'Viren R.Shah'" <viren@rstcorp.com>
Subject:   RE: font problems with displaying Java Swing on FreeBSD

Hmm. I get these font errors too, but I have no problems with any apps.

Since you are using a FreeBSD X server, this may have to do with font issues
on your FreeBSD machine. There is some information about this on the Java
developer site, try searching their knowledge base. It's got to do with your
X server's font database, that's all I know.

    Kees Jan

 You are only young once,
      but you can stay immature all your life

> [This is only tangentially related to FreeBSD Java, but it
> seemed like the best forum for it]
>
> I'm trying to display a Java 1.2.2/Swing application from a Solaris
> 2.7 box onto a FreeBSD -current machine. It won't display, citing the
>     following error messages:
>
> Font specified in font.properties not found [-urw-itc
> zapfdingbats-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-sun-fontspecific]

[etc...]