Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:46:59 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Russell Jackson <raj@csub.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   [OT] Re: nvidia0 em0 shared irq problem persists on dell precision 670

Russell Jackson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:23:45PM -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote:
>> Russell Jackson wrote:
>> [ ... ]
>>> pnpbios: Bad PnP BIOS data checksum
>> Did you notice this?  Try reflashing your motherboard to the latest
>> available BIOS revision, doing a "load defaults", and then clearing and
>> reseting the ESCD.
>>

> The box came from Dell with the latest revision already and there hasn't
> been a newer one released since. I vaguely remember bringing this up on
> the list shortly after the 6.1 release only to be told it was harmless.
>
> I guess I can try reflashing just to be sure.
>
> Thanks,

Is there any way to reorganize or reassign IRQs on modern motherboards?
On my 'little' home-/labs's server box one of the SATA II controllers of
the nForce4 is sharing IRQ with another device (can't remember, sorry)
and ehci() is shared with the nve()/nfe() nForce4 NIC. I remember myself
of sophisticated BIOSes (TYAN, e.g.) where someone could assign IRQs to
each PCI-X slot.

Regards,
Oliver