Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 2015 10:32:20 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dump aborted due to /etc/dumpdates on read-only file system

Hello,

I did a dump of the read-only root fs (in single user mode) and at the
end it said:

DUMP: finished in 9837 seconds, throughput 3766 KByte/sec
DUMP: cannot rewrite /etc/dumpdates: Read-only file system
DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.

I know, I could have specified with -D ... another file, but I did not.
The written dump file looks fine (I can read it with restore -t -f ...).

My question is: Is the dumpfile fine, despite of the above message.

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."