Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 2014 23:08:55 -0400
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        Yushu Gao <shuokay@gmail.com>
Cc:        ml-freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to remove X11 support and all ports options depend on X11

On 6 April 2014 22:14, Yushu Gao <shuokay@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to FreeBSD, I have used Gentoo before. I want to remove the X11
> support and all ports options depend on it, I know how to remove X11
> support, but I cannot find out how to remove all ports options depand on
> it. Can someone kindly tell me the method ?

You can try adding the old
WITHOUT_X11=yes
to /etc/make.conf, but you will probably be required
(at some point) to make sure you don't have any conflicting
options* set (via "make config" in the port directory) when
things go poorly.

*for instance: WITH_QT4=yes
has caused problems in the past, since QT4 requires X11
The ports system is not perfect.  Sorry.