Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2014 14:54:43 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   forwarding performance with releng7 vs 8 vs 9 vs 10 on an Alix box

We have a couple of sites where we found it was possible to live lock /
crash an alix box if there were too many pps flowing across the unit in
RELENG_8.  The same device with releng_7 did not show the same
behaviour.  As these boxes are remote and the watchdog would kick in, I
was not able to debug things very much. Even back in the lab, it wasnt
always easy to trigger the crash synthetically, but I could.

Has anyone done any network performance comparisons between the various
branches for speed and stability for single core embedded platforms like
the ALIX or Soekris ?

	---Mike
--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400