Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2001 09:19:58 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, FreeBSD Architecture <arch@FreeBSD.org>, bde@zeta.org.au, obrien@nuxi.com, nate@yogotech.com
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ar Makefile src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/as Makefile.inc0 src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ld Makefile src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ranlib Makefile

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 01:04:04AM -0500, Brian F. Feldman wrote:
> As far as making rc compatible with ksh... ksh is a _super_set of the POSIX
> shell, not a completely, totally new language.  This means in all but the
> most esoteric cases, it will act exactly the same (or better, but compatibly
> so).

I already tried dropping ksh93 into /bin/sh and booting with it.  Two
issues came up immediately:  the `local' command, and some business
with signal handlers (can't recall exact details at the moment).
I don't think these would be hard to fix, though.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org