Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:17:53 -0500
From:      "Doug Jennings" <dougj@netdoor.com>
To:        "James R. Shrenk" <dionysos3@crosswinds.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: silo overflow errors

When I get the output of dmesg, it contains the following lines:

sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa
sio0: type 16550A

I knew it had to be a 16550A UART because the computer is brand new with all
the appropriate bells / whistles / et cetera.  Argh.  I suppose I will see
if I can slow down the modem now.

One more question...do you think the problem is happening inside the modem
itself?  Or could it be caused by some kind of interference in my serial
cable?  I am obviously grasping here, but I just can't figure out why I am
having silo errors with such a supposedly good modem (external courier
v.everything 28800).