Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:30:35 -0000
From:      Paul Crossley <paul.crossley@uk.easynet.net>
To:        'Johan Pettersson' <pettersson.johan@spray.se>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: vmware/networking

vmware.com has the links

as for host-only or bridged:

Host only sets up a virtual network betwwen the host and client OS's.

Bridged allows the client OS to use the real network card.

I personally use both, in fact BSD  can't access the PC Cards on my laptop
directly - seems to be an unsupported PCCARD bridge or something -
but using Linux as the host and FreeBSD as the client I can get FreeBSD on
the network.