Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:45:27 -0600
From:      Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PAO, SCSI and Adaptec 1460?

I was taking a look at the PAO page today and noticed that there was not a
floppy image for 3.1. I then checked the list of supported cards and found
the following:

                            Current Status
Type    Card                                            Status  Driver
	.
	.
	.
SCSI
        Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460                       OK      aic
        Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460A                      OK      aic
        Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460AJ                     OK      aic
        Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460B                      OK      aic
        Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460J                      OK      aic

I'm wondering if someone can confirm that the PAO installation does work
with the Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460* card(s). I have one and would love to
be able to use it under FreeBSD but up until now the aic driver was not
supported as it had not made it onto the CAM bus. Has this changed? Does
the PAO installation include support of the aic driver?

thanks.

Colin E. Johnson | colinj@unm.edu | http://www.unm.edu/~colinj/
In order to be in brilliant you gotta be in touch with the universe
- Kevin Klein, "The January Man"