Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 17:31:04 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
To:        imp@village.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Raylink driver/Mapping attribute memory

Hi

I've started work on porting/writing a driver for the Webgear Raylink cards.

I need to access the attribute memory on the cards to set and clear
interrupts whilst communicating through the shared RAM on the cards.

Is there a "real" way to do this in 3.x or -current? I can copy the hacking used
in the Xircom Realport driver for the moment if not.

I also had a _LOT_ of grief with pccardd/cardd.h's handling of common
memory chunks. There are some gross hacks in there to support NE2000 cards
but these aren't conditionalised (i.e. assuming access is 16bit and over
writing the detected memory size).

I'm currently devloping on 3.x - I don't have any -current machines available at
present. A colleague at work will start to help in a couple of weeks and we have
a number of 802.11 experts on hand (we design 802.11/Bluetooth/HomeRF etc.
controller ICs and write the firmware for them).

Duncan

---