Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:59:50 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Satyajit Das <satyajit@spnetctg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: time and Date problem

Satyajit Das wrote:

> hello
>
> I'm from bangladesh.
> I install FBSD 3.3 .
> FBSD shows 12 hours advanced from current time and also date.
> when i install i select Bangladesh .
> please inform how can i fix my current time and date.

I have forwarded your question and directed replies to the FreeBSD-questions
mailing list, as this is the appropriate place to find answers for this kind
of question.

Now, to attempt to answer it: when you were installing, do you remember the
install program asking you if your CMOS clock is set to local time or GMT
time?  I suspect you answered that question wrong.  For more information,
see "man adjkerntz".

Basically, if your BIOS/CMOS clock is set to the local time, you need to
create a file called /etc/wall_cmos_clock.  You can do this by typing (as
root):

	touch /etc/wall_cmos_clock

If your BIOS/CMOS clock is set to GMT, remove the /etc/wall_cmos_clock file
so your computer will know the clock is on GMT at startup.

Lastly, be sure your CMOS clock, which is accessible from the BIOS setup
screens, is correct.