Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:56:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        <reese@adeptscience.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Howto add extra lib to port?

Looks to me like this is a bug in PHP, but I'm not 100% sure.  You should
be able to get around it by changing:

gdImageStringFTEx to gdImageStringFT

in configure, then reconfiguring.  gdImageStringFTEx() isn't called
anywhere in the code, but gdImageStringFT() is called in PHP's gd.c.
There is no gdImageStringFTEx() function in GD 1.8.4 or 2.0.1.

Joe Clarke