Date:      Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:45:03 +0200
From:      Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
To:        Abu Khaled <khaled.abu@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Radius server with web/gui interface

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:04:24 +0300
Abu Khaled <khaled.abu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/16/05, phil grainger <lists@netxp.com.au> wrote:
> > Abu Khaled wrote:
> > > Can you guys recommend a Radius server with a good web or gui interface.
> > > I searched the ports and found Freeradius but it would not build. A
> > > security issue with the SQL module. The icradius port is gone, I used
> > > it in the past on Redhat but it looks like it is no longer updated
> > > (August 6, 2003 on sourceforge site).
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >

> > you can mod the icradius cgi interface to work with freeradius,
> > works fine.
> >

> Very interesting.  How much modification is required?
> When it comes to setting up a icradius/freeradius, mysql and apache
> then I can do it. I know only the basics of c/perl/php/... (Just how
> to write a Hello World and sometimes I need help writing one), so any
> help is appreciated

I thought you didnt want to run freeradius becouse of the security issues.
And now all the sudden it became secure becouse of a different web interface?
And dialupadmin would work fine, you dont need to recode interface of icradius.
Email thompsa@FreeBSD.org and ask him if he's working on new port of freeradius 1.0.3.
If not, I can do that.