Date:      Mon, 29 May 2006 19:34:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      sara lidgey <slidgey@yahoo.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd 5.3, gmirror raid 1, PROBLEM

Hi All,

 I've been running a server using FreeBSD 5.3 and gmirror to mirror two identical IDE hard drives.  Its been running great for over a year.  But recently everything went down and when I reboot and put a monitor on it I get the following errors on screen:

 GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm0: provider ad1 disconnected
 GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm0: provider mirror/gm0 destroyed
 GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm0: rebuilding provider ad0 stopped

 Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode...  (this is followed by details about the fault)

 These errors are preceded by other related error information that flys by on the screen and I have no way of seeing them again.

 Does anyone now what steps I should take to figure what is going on and try to recover data or get the machine to boot?

 Thanks so much,
 S.

 All new Yahoo! Mail -