Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 22:15:53 CST
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@iastate.edu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Linux emulation / arla 0.34.6

>On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 12:50:29PM -0600, Chris wrote:
>> Silly me--I forgot to mention, this is with FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE.
>
>How recent -stable? A bug like this was fixed recently. If it's older
>than a week, Try upgrading :-)
>
>Kris

Hmm, are you referring to this commit?  It appears to been MFC'd on
11/07, so I hope not. :)  I will rebuild and find out though..

Thanks,
Chris

marcel      2000/11/04 23:31:18 PST

  Modified files:
    sys/compat/linux     linux_file.c
  Log:
  Fix getdents syscall.

  The offset field in struct dirent was set to the offset of
  the next dirent in rev 1.36. The offset was calculated from
  the current offset and the record length. This offset does
  not necessarily match the real offset when we are using
  cookies. Therefore, also use the cookies to set the offset
  field in struct dirent if we're using cookies to iterate
  through the dirents.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.43      +5 -2      src/sys/compat/linux/linux_file.c