Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 16:52:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Burton Sampley <burton@vip.best.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PGP

I'm attemping to install pgp from the ports collection.  When I enter
# make all install

I get the following error:

You must set variable USA_RESIDENT to YES, if you are USA resident
or to NO, if you aren't USA resident to build this package
*** Error code 1

Stop.

So, becasue I am a USA resident I entered the following line:

# setenv USA_RESIDENT=YES

as root [actually this is after su'ing to root.]

The shell for root is csh.

So, I tried again and got the same error.  I also tried using just:

# set USA_RESIDENT=YES

with similar results.  When I type just setenv to verify I keep getting this:

[snipped some other non-relevant stuff]
USA_RESIDENT=YES=
#

Where does this extra '=' come from?  How do I get rid of it?

I've also tried setenv USA_RESIDENT="YES" and 'YES', both give the same
failure.

Now for the $64M question, how do I get this darn thing to build?

Email:  bsampley@best.com
Alternate Email: bsampley@haywire.csuhayward.edu
Home Page:  http://www.best.com/~bsampley