Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2013 01:02:34 -0400
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Tim Kientzle <kientzle@freebsd.org>
Cc:        George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>, hackers@freebsd.org, "devsummit@freebsd.org" <devsummit@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Beyond Buildworld Dev Summit Working Group Report

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 09:25:39PM -0700, Tim Kientzle wrote:
> > 	=E2=80=A2 Crochet with VM images [TimKeintzle], [GlenBarber], [ColinPe=
rcival]
>=20
> Per Colin, there's no way for "mere mortals" to upload machine
> images to Amazon, so there's little point in pursuing that.
>=20
> I did recently add support to Crochet for building VMWare VM images
> directly.  Works pretty well; I've been using it to build throw-away
> images for testing.  This goes a step further than what Glen
> has recently announced; so far, he's just building the VMDK disk
> image, Crochet fills in the rest of the VM configuration files.
>=20
> It should be routine to duplicate the approach to support other
> VM environments (e.g., Parallels, VirtualBox, OFA).  My time is
> limited but I'm happy to assist if someone else wants to work on it.
>=20

I do intend to look at how Crochet does this, because I think your
implementation is far more user friendly and cross-application
compatible.

I'll certainly pick your brain on it, if you don't mind.  Unfortunately,
time has been the big issue for me lately, in addition to some
unexpected out-of-town-ness this week.

Glen

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9--